YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 27, 2014

Half a year has gone by....

Don't worry, I didn't forget to write an entry for Arley's sixth month after diagnosis update, I just figured it would be best to wait until I actually had something worth sharing.

Six months.... I know I say this with every monthly update that passes us by, but truly it has been half a year already and I just can't believe it. So much has happened and yet we are only smack dab in the middle of this journey and still have forever and a lifetime to go. 

Arley's hair is officially gone again. Disappeared in a blink of an eye over the weekend. It hurts my heart and soul, but thankfully this time around she barely even noticed. No itchy scalp, just an easy clean up once it was all said and done. She still has some random light wisps, but I wouldn't even count that as remotely anything. Shit man... the hair growth didn't last very long. I knew this would happen and yet I always remain hopeful...

I took Arley on a random road trip into nothingness this weekend. Just escape and drive off into the sunset with no real destinations in sight. We visited Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Legitimately did absolutely nothing special, saw nothing special just the open road, the trees, the water and lots and lots of cars. 

We stayed at a bed and breakfast that was really nice, however the house is older than probably my great grandparents and gave off a spooky vibe which I loved. Totally thought to myself (being as it is almost Halloween) that this would be the perfect plot to a scary movie. (Don't take my idea now folks because it's out in the internet world so I own it ha!) The Innkeeper was a little kooky, but he was nice and made sure we were comfortable and he has this train set up in between some of the rooms that he would have circle around the room for Arley which she loved.

Anyways, to more pressing matters, we had the physical therapy appointment today and Arley will need to have 12 weeks worth of PT in addition to needing braces on her legs to help her with walking. We haven't scheduled the appointment to have them made just yet, but I'm sure that will be done by weeks end when we go back in for our count check. 

I've known about the braces and even hinted towards them several times ever since the idea of her possibly needing them came to light. I'm not sure how I feel about them even though I know it's going to be very beneficial for her to have because the muscles in her ankles are tight and there's weakness in other areas.

It's just one more hurdle to add to the ever growing list of things Arley is going through. Her voice I have noticed in the last week is also starting to go a bit after she eats her food like it did originally months ago. 

This day was also really emotional for a number of reasons and has just solidified my recent thought process as it pertains to things that have been on my mind that I have shared in previous posts. I've just been a big ball of stress and I am ready for this roller coaster to be over and done with. 

Pretty soon another big important part of Arley's cancer journey is the full body scan that will happen at some point next month. I don't know when just yet as we take each appointment at a time and focus solely on that before worrying about the next. This is to determine that our time spent in Boston was worth it and that the Proton beam radiation did it's job. It will also tell us if the cancer has spread and if it did to where and if it has materialized into a new cancer.

Moving forward however I am looking forward to introducing Arley to a lot of the people who have showed her love and support over the last six months at an event I planned up in Massachusetts. It will be good for a lot of them to finally put a face to the person behind the blog and Team Arley Sage page and to see my little princess up close and in person.

Well that's all of the updating I have for now. Until next time folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment