YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 12, 2015

No I don't wanna build a snowman....

I realize it has been quite some time since I have updated anything having to do with Arley. There really hasn't been anything new to report as far as her treatment goes, we have just been buried under massive amounts of snow for the last several weeks.

Cabin fever has certainly been effecting us as I don't drive when it's snowy or icy out (why would we anyway?) and we have pretty much exhausted everything there is to do around here as well.

I'm anticipating Spring and will welcome it happily with open arms. I long to bring Arley to our favorite Daffodil garden and take our annual photos in the same spot. It's fun to watch how she has grown over the last couple of years that we have done it. (This will be our third) I am also hoping to jump start our play date group again and get her socializing with kids her own age because lord knows we need it. I miss spending the time with the other moms I have become friends with over the last two years and I know Arley misses her friends a lot too. It's been so hard especially in the winter months when her immune system is at it's lowest due to treatments to be able to attend anything.

I also really want to take her swimming and to the zoo. Try to have some normalcy as the warmer months approach. If you don't remember too much of our story as we approach 10 months in allow me to remind you... for the last two consecutive summers Arley has been really sick (supposedly with unrelated illnesses, but that's a debate for another time) and we have been home bound pretty much the entire summer with the occasional outing here and there, but very few and far between and I really want to make this summer a good one for her and let her do typical things a 3 year old should.

I've started to compile a bucket list of events in my head and may even post it here for all of you to follow along with us so that as we do them we can get satisfaction knowing that we crossed something fun off of our list and you can be there to experience it with us from the comfort of your own home. You all have been with us on this ride for such a long time that it only seems right to share this with you too.

Next up in Arley's treatment will be scheduling her for Physical Therapy, visiting the ENT doctor, scheduling her PET scan and finding out what this cancer business has in store for her and hopefully determining whether the growth in her face is something to worry about or breathe a sigh of relief over. I always try to remain optimistic as these scans and tests approach, but also keep the realistic expectation that it could come out with some not so happy news. I never want to get my hopes up only to be devastated later ya know? So with that, Arley and I will continue to keep on trucking on this journey and focus on all of the fun we plan to have once the weather warms up. Until then....


No comments:

Post a Comment