YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Kindergarten

It amazes me everyday to know that Arley is in Kindergarten. I seriously blinked and she turned into a big kid overnight. She walks into the elementary school like she owns the place, with such an air of confidence that surpasses anything that I could have ever imagined. 

I thought it may take a little bit of time for her to adjust to a brand new school, new classmates, teacher, and longer days, but it's as if she has been doing it all along. She enjoys going to school and misses it when we are home on the weekends. 

Two months ago I had the privilege of attending her first parent/teacher conference and received nothing but praise. She loves learning, she loves when it's her turn to be the classroom helper and is right on target for where she needs to be academically. Not only that, but she enjoys doing her homework too. 

One thing that has made me extremely proud is that she has earned school dollars that she receives for showing kindness and/or respect to her peers not once, but twice! Just goes to show that I'm doing something right. 

Additionally,  I have received her first progress report. She has received nothing but high marks of 3's, 4's and E's (for Exceptional) in all areas of schooling. Not only that, but she says she wants to be a Mathematician and learn how to count to 100! Which by the way she already knows how to do lol. 

She is doing very well with learning her sight words to teach herself how to read. There's only two words that she occasionally mixes up, so that at least is a work in progress along with cutting with scissors. Apparently she's just like me and likes to venture off the dotted lines paving her own path for herself. Ha!

Despite missing several days of school due to be constantly sick, I am impressed with all that she absorbs on a daily basis and has been learning. I'm very happy with the school I chose to enroll her into as well as thrilled with who she has for a teacher. I'm very much looking forward to seeing her continue to excel academically where she is and couldn't be more thrilled to see the little girl she will continue to grow into.

No comments:

Post a Comment