YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Birthday Festivities

Saturday September 13th

Today my best friend from college flew into town to spend the week with Arley and I. We haven't seen each other in eight months because she lives in South Carolina. I am super excited for her visit because she helps to keep me grounded and sane.

To kick off Arley's birthday weekend (yes my little girl gets the whole damn weekend plus the day of her birthday deal with it!) we are surprising her with a trip to the Mass Mutual Center to watch WWE live and to meet Arley's favorite wrestler John Cena!

Let me just tell you, that John is one of the nicest celebrities I have ever met (and I have had the privilege to meet many in my lifetime). He shook hands with everyone in our party and introduced himself, and when he laid eyes on Arley he immediately got down to her level and engaged her in conversation.

She brought her John Cena action figure and showed it to him and he grabbed it and said that it "was the coolest toy ever," and showed her how to do his famous "Can't see me" move on it. Then he played a couple rounds of peek-a-boo with her and then sat next to her. 

They continued their conversation and he told her that he had some presents for her. Inside the bag he produced a hat, t-shirt, arm bands, the program for that evenings matches and his 'Never Give Up' towel. He signed everything for her, plus a WWE Yearbook and 8x10 photo we brought with us.

He then took dozens of photos with us and I got bold and asked if he would take a selfie and he obliged. It was an incredible meeting for Arley and the smiles she had throughout the whole experience was amazing. I am truly blessed that we were able to get the meet to happen. She loved meeting her favorite "fight fight" wrestler and he was so genuine and has a kind heart. I can see why he is one of the number one celebrities kids want to meet and for this very reason I know she will cherish the memory for a lifetime.

We also had the privilege of meeting Tag Team Champions Jey & Jimmy Uso who were also very kind and sweet to Arley. We got their autographs and took a bunch of photos together as well. 

Then we headed to our seats (the floor!!!!) and waited for the show to start. I wish I had video of Arley's experience watching her first "fight fight" show because she was so into the whole thing. Yelling, screaming, cheering, clapping the whole nine yards she just ate up everything that was happening around her. I could not have been more happy that this dream could come true for her.









Sunday September 14

Today is Arley's birthday party whoop whoop! Finally, all of my hard work of preparing for a Wild West extravaganza is about to pay off. I had invited at least 25-30 people, but while a good majority of them RSVP'd only 17 actually showed. That was a slight bummer considering I spent a lot of money for food and favors for the kiddos, but we still had a blast without them anyway!

It was a more intimate party and the kids that came had fun playing together and I think (based off feedback) that the party was still a hit regardless of the lack of attendees. Overall I was pleased with the way everything came together and that my vision for Arley's party was able to become a reality. I'm already excited to start planning for next year. (Hey I love to plan a good shindig!)











Monday September 15

Happy 3rd Birthday to my beautiful little lady!

Today we are continuing with the birthday tradition of spending the day at the largest fair in New England known as "The Big E." I was beyond excited for it because Arley is finally going to be tall enough to ride on the kiddie rides! YAY!!! 

I also couldn't wait to get my grub on because I hoped to branch out and try new foods this year (didn't happen) and to just relax, have fun, and enjoy celebrating the life of my daughter.

Arley had the best time today. She rode the carousal four times in a row, the motorcycles twice, the bumble bee twice, and the ferris wheel once. She also got to play a couple of games (won once!) and was on her absolute best behavior. If this is any indication of what being 3 has in store for me, then bring it on cause I am ready!






That's it for the updates for now. So happy that I could share with you the last three glorious days that Team Arley Sage had. Until next time my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment