YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 11, 2014

First week back home

I can't get over how fast this last week has flown by! We have officially been back home in CT for a week now and it has been non-stop ever since. First with Arley's inpatient chemo treatment and then with getting everything together for her birthday party this weekend and not to mention anticipating the arrival of Auntie Lee Lee has left me almost exhausted.

I've hardly had a quiet moment to be able to come on here and update you all, but alas here I am.


Arley is doing well adjusting back into the home life and has been acting more independent again which is a huge relief. She still struggles daily with nausea and her walking, but together we are trying to get it all under control as best as we can. I am also still in the process of organizing her room into a special place to relax, but haven't done much with it since arriving home because her hospital visit and birthday planning have taken up all of my time.

I am so looking forward to getting her together with all her friends whom she hasn't seen in 8 weeks. Poor little thing has hardly had any socialization with kids her own age so I'm glad that her ending radiation treatment lined up with her birthday so we can kind of celebrate coming home with it as well.

Nearly everything is set for her party. I have done a few small craft projects (one more still to do tomorrow), grocery shopped for the main food & drink items that we don't need to buy fresh the day of, and organized the house as best as I could.

We have an action packed weekend and then are quite busy the following week, so updates may be few and far between, but I will most definitely post party photos for you all to enjoy as I have already been asked by several people to do so. (I promise!)

Did I mention that I can't wait for Auntie Lee Lee to arrive? She's actually my BFF from college and my sorority sister so you can only imagine the type of shenanigans we will get ourselves into while she's here, but the most tame things we will probably do is all you can eat sushi, movies, gossip and shopping. It's been 8 months since we have seen her and both Arley & I have been counting the days until she gets here. Two more days to go whoop whoop!

Well, that's all the updating I have right now. If we haven't been out shopping for the party then we have just been trying to relax as much as possible before all the excitement begins. Hope you all are doing well, I can't believe September is almost half way over! Bring in the fall weather, the pumpkins, the apples, Halloween, my birthday, etc. We are so ready for it! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment