YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Somewhere Beyond The Sea

After the little stage fright episode at the Christopher's Haven Fashion Show, I was worried how Arley was going to do when it came to getting up on the actual stage of her dance recital. We had been practicing really hard, she knew the steps forward and backward could probably even do them in her sleep, and knew the lyrics to the song verbatim so I knew she was more than prepared to give her grand performance. 

I asked her if she thought she would be able to get up on the stage and do the dance routine with her friends, and I was met with a resounding "Yes!," but still I was a bit apprehensive as to how the whole dance recital thing was going to play out.

True to her word though, Arley was flawless. During the dress rehearsal they performed the routine twice and each time I bawled my eyes out. To see such grace and confidence in the fluidity of her motions was the most beautiful thing to witness. She never missed a single beat and some of her fellow dancers even looked to her as to what step was to come next. 

To say my heart was beaming with pride is probably the most accurate statement I could make regarding how completely blown away I was by the whole experience and it confirmed my thoughts that this was the best sport for Arley to participate in as she is constantly singing and dancing around the house on the daily.

I am so thankful that we found the dance studio we did on the recommendation of a friend whose daughter is also a dancer there. We enjoyed our time there so much that I signed Arley up for a 5 week summer session and already enrolled her in fall classes. Can't wait to see what the 2017 season has in store!


First Recital 2016

Genre: Tap
Song: Somewhere Beyond The Sea (Finding Nemo)



Also a special thank you goes out to all of Arley's entourage that showed up and supported her including members of the Hartford Hawks and Bristol Blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment