YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Night for Charity

Last night Arley and I attended the Christopher's Haven Fashion Show event at the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston. It was a lot of fun and I am so thrilled that we got to be apart of it and Arley was chosen as a runway model.

We got to meet Marcus Cannon who plays tackle for the New England Patriots and Dustin Pedroia who is second baseman for the Boston Red Sox. Arley actually clung to Dustin's leg for a photo op (she was tired, I was horrified), but he said it was cool and laughed it off. I'm sure he's used to it considering he has three young sons, but still...if you read this Dustin, I'm sorry! Whoops!

Arley also started to have a slight nervous meltdown shortly before going on stage to walk the runway. Originally she was scheduled to walk with another girl, Peyton, but she was afraid she wouldn't be able to see me in the crowd. I told her I would walk the runway with her, but on the floor next to the stage if that helped (it wouldn't), so instead to calm her tears I decided to actually get up and walk the runway with her before showtime. 

Thank goodness mama decided to wear a fancy dress to the event otherwise that would have been awkward!! Although in my defense, my other outfit was a nice blouse and slacks, it still wasn't as fancy as my dress. Despite Arley being nervous we owned that runway for our walk, did a little twirl before marching back up the runway and exiting stage left.

All in all it was a fantastic event and I hope that the donations and silent auction items brought in thousands of dollars to help support Christopher's Haven and families like ours have "A home for kids when cancer hits home." 

If you yourself would like to help support Christopher's Haven, please click Here and it will bring you to their donation page. Thanks so much! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment