YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Caught in Limbo

It has been a rough couple of days here...

Arley had her checkup with her Oncologist a few days ago. We discussed some concerns and also discussed who would become her new doctor once her current one moved away. Thankfully, we were in agreement as to whom should be taking over her care from here on out so I can breathe a little easier knowing that it's a doctor we like, though we have only ever had one previous interaction.

Then Arley was prepped for her scans, had them, and we went home. An hour after we got home we received a call from her doctor stating that something had shown up on the scans in a new area of the body and that we would need to schedule further testing immediately.

We were warned about this. 

Though it doesn't help my anxiety knowing that this was a possibility and that we now have to wait in limbo before she can have more tests and see where it is we will go from here.

I'm hoping that it's nothing, but preparing for the fact that once you have cancer, the likelihood of more coming is evident and sometimes rampant. Ever since that phone call I feel as though an elephant has been sitting on my chest. It feels extremely hard to breathe especially with the uncertainty of what is to come.

News like this always takes precedence over others. I have been so caught up in what could be, that I haven't even had time to share in any good news that has also happened both with myself and with Arley.

Seems to always be the case that when good news comes, the possibility of bad news being so close on the horizon starts to have a lingering effect. 

Though I don't dare to even whisper the good news just yet as I fear that when I put it out into the universe that something else will come along and swoop it off into Never Never Land. 

For now, everything is on hold until we have more testing and see where things are going to take us next. Until next time...

2 comments: