YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Shocking News

This is one of those posts where 'I definitely didn't see that coming...'

In today's mail I received a notice from CCMC and didn't really think anything of it because they usually send me mail just before Arley is scheduled to have her scans so I put it off to the side while I got myself settled in from working all day.

I opened the rest of my mail before landing back at that one. When I opened it, I was shocked to see that Arley's Oncologist is leaving at the beginning of June for another state. While I am always happy to see people moving on to bigger and brighter things, I am sad that he is leaving and unsure of who Arley's new Oncologist will be.

The letter didn't state any one doctor specifically, in fact it listed all of them, but the problem is, none of them know Arley, or myself for that matter. They don't know her history, how we do things, the type of relationship I have with her current Oncologist or anything else that we have done for the past two years.

I can say with certainty there is one specific doctor that I do not jive well with and that person will not be someone I will want in charge of Arley's care moving forward, but I still can't decide who I want to be making all these important decisions in Arley's journey from here on out.

It's extremely hard to put your trust into people when it comes to your child(ren) especially in cases such as these where the decisions are of the utmost importance and could have severe consequences if the wrong one is made. 

On the other hand, it's selfish to think that our doctors will be around forever, even if that is the hope of course. It's just not going to be easy to make a decision. 

I do plan on speaking with her Oncologist when we see him next and formulating a plan of action as well as consulting with two of the nurses that we trust should they be on duty that day as well. I want to make sure we have one specific doctor being the primary from here on out rather than floating her between doctors. 

I know in the long run Arley gaining the trust of one specific doctor will make things run more smoothly for our visits especially now that she is more vocal and has her own opinions if she doesn't like something or someone she doesn't respond very well. Can't blame her for that either, she gets the quality from me.

Sigh...

It's always something going on I tell you. If it's not that then it's the fact that Arley keeps getting herself sick all the darn time. We just had a 3 week long episode back in April and here we are again battling another sickness. I swear I may need to stick her in a bubble soon and call it a day lol. 

Until next time folks, that's all I have for now

No comments:

Post a Comment