YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Leg Braces

Arley officially got her leg braces...







To start they look really cool in her team colors and I'm very pleased that they were able to add horses to the back. Definitely spruces them up a bit I think. Although, I'm really not sure how I feel about the whole needing the braces thing.

While yes I know that they are supposed to help with her walking and hopefully to prevent her from all the tripping and falling she does I just hate the fact that this is another thing she has to go through. Granted though having braces is by far the easiest thing to have to endure on this journey, I still don't like it.

I feel as though this is another flashing sign that says "Hey look at me I'm different." As if the bald head wasn't enough of an indication. The two of us just have to get used to them ya know? If I don't make a big deal out of it than neither will Arley. Thankfully though shes still too young to read this blog so I have time to work on my feelings provided you keep them just between you (my reader) and me. 

Because of the braces I have to go out and purchase her some new sneakers to wear with them. Cause you know it was only three short months ago that she completely jumped up a half size and all the other new shoes I bought her had to be exchanged for a bigger size and alas I have to go up another half size to accommodate these bad boys.

I think that I would probably feel better about the braces if I wasn't so under the weather right now. I've been sick for 8 days and just discovered that it's a cross between Bronchitis and a bacterial infection and the medicine I was prescribed is causing additional side effects to partner with my lack of sleep. I don't think I have slept very much in the last five days due to hacking up my lungs every chance I get, ya know fun times and all.

Arley was doing very well avoiding the whole sickness thing until two days ago. Now shes a sneezing runny faucet poor little lady. At least shes able to nap and sleep like normal whereas I seem to have a constant rendezvous with Mr. 3am...

I think the closer we get to celebrating Christmas the better I will start to feel because that means we can kiss 2014 behind and look forward to a brighter future named 2015. That's my hope and desire anyways. We just need things to continue on a positive path even though there is still so much uncertainty that lies ahead. I'm still working on getting myself into the Christmas spirit as well. I will get there soon though I promise.

Well, that's all the updating that I have to share for right now, but no worries I will be full of updates in the next few days. Until then, please hope that Mr. Sandman comes to visit me very soon. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment