YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Boston Day 1&2

Things in Boston have been going really well so far. The clinic team is very nice and the child life crew were wonderful in making Arley feel comfortable. The woman from child life played bubbles with Arley for like a good half hour and something I'm happy to report is that they distracted Arley enough to where she never flinched nor cried when they went to access her port. Amazing!

The main doctor in the clinic is also really nice and she will be the one overseeing Arley when she goes in for her weekly chemo treatments. She also informed me of some really good anti nausea medicines to try with Arley to hopefully combat her urge to vomit a lot when she gets all three chemos at once. So far so good knock on wood.

They have also decided to go ahead and have the G Tube surgery done here as opposed to in Connecticut because they would feel more comfortable doing it in between her radiation so that they can monitor her more closely because we will already be at the hospital for that.

We took a tour of the place we will be living at for the summer too and it reminds me of my old dorm days in college lol. It's very nice though and will do the trick just nicely. It has a queen size bed, twin bed, kitchen, living room and common play area for all of the kids and their parents. 

The building is also security protected so you don't have to worry so much about random people coming in. It's also literally a two minute walking distance from the back entrance to the hospital so it's super convenient to get to in between all her treatments. Priceless!

Hmm what else? The Hemoc floor at the hospital is really nice. As soon as you step off the elevator you feel like you're in a aquarium which is very inviting and from what I have seen riding the elevator a hundred times is that it's the only decorated floor. Kudos Boston Kudos!

They also have a really huge playroom that Arley has enjoyed twice so far which is awesome. It's going to be under renovation soon though to make it even more fun for the kids.

The staff has also been wonderful to us which I wouldn't expect them not to be. Had a couple slight hiccups though with a nurse who thought she knew better than me in regards to Arley and her medication. (Eye roll) She learned very quickly however though that when mama bear tells you something you better follow suit because I don't like seeing my baby girl sick for nothing.

Anyhow, moving right along, we talked to Arleys radiation doctor today and she too is very nice and super knowledgeable however she discussed with me all of the side effects and lifelong issues we will have to endure and it was really a hard pill to swallow.

Arley is going to have a long road ahead of her that's going to last well into her teen years and even adulthood. A series of complications that she will need physical therapy for among other things to say the least. I don't want to overwhelm anyone with the mile long list but it is what it is and she and I will tackle this together like we have been. We are Team Arley Sage right?!

Well I just wanted to give a very quick update and share a few photos I took around town, but I don't have my computer with me to mark them so will have to do so when we are home on Thursday. We haven't  explored too much yet but I have plenty of time to do so in the upcoming weeks. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow so I want to try to relax and unwind. Until next time friends... Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment