YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 21, 2014

DreamNight Franklin Park Zoo

Arley and I have been in Boston since Saturday. We stopped quickly at the outlets and picked up some new fall clothes for her on sale and then went to the toy store.

After that we drove to my sisters house and went to have a bite to eat and walk around Brewster Gardens. While we were out walking on the trail we happened upon a mama duck and her five little chickadees. 

They were so adorable and Arley loved them. The mama duck and one of her babies even came up close to say hello. (Don't worry the mama duck wasn't vicious and never quacked or made any sounds, seemed like it was used to people)

Next we decided to go check-in to our hotel. Nothing super fancy, just an upscale chain hotel that's quite nice and relaxing with a comfy cozy king sized bed.

Once we checked into our room we changed into our bathing suits and spent an hour splashing around in the pool. Arley absolutely loved it and didn't want to get out. (Can't say I blame her though!)
She was so fearless and wanted me to let go of her several times. (Not yet my little fishy you're just learning how to swim!)

Then we changed back into our clothes and went down to the restaurant to have a quick bite to eat before we settled into our room, watched a couple movies and then went to bed. I would say our first day here was very successful!

Fast forward to Sunday....

My sister came up early to spend the whole day with us. We took Arley swimming again, but it was short lived due to a birthday party and the kids splashing Arley with water or doing cannon balls and soaking her. Not sure why they were on her side of the pool when the other side was completely empty, but we didn't' let that bother us much.

Arley took a quick nap and then it was time to dress her up and bring her to that super secret surprise I told you about weeks ago!

Our surprise was DreamNight at Franklin Park Zoo. If unfamiliar with DN it's where they close the park down early and allow sick and disabled children to come in with their friends and family for a special night just for them with NO crowds and free reign of the place.

Let me just tell you the experience was amazing! The admission was FREE, you had your choice of hamburger/hotdog, bag of chips and a bottle of water also FREE and had a bunch of FREE activities for the kids to enjoy. Any other aspect of the zoo where you had to pay something, ALL FREE! Priceless!

Arley was one of the first kids through the gate and she had her photo taken with a Stormtrooper then she was the first kid to  ride in one of those car rides and had the whole carousel to herself. She was a kid in a candy store having so much fun.

Then we walked around the zoo and checked out all of the animals. We saw lions, tigers, gorillas, giraffes, ostrich and more, but our absolute hands down favorite part was feeding the birds.

They literally swoop right in on you while you're holding the cup of bird feed and eat right out of the palm of your hand. And not just one bird, but at one point I had 5/6 birds on me!

One even decided to land on Arleys little bald head it was so cute! Seeing her face lit up everywhere we went was beyond any possible words I can share. Franklin Park Zoo is amazing and I will definitely try to bring her here again. Hands down one of the best experiences we have had in a while and I was so thankful that she was healthy enough to enjoy herself.

Photos of the event will have to be shared at a later time. I decided not to bring my laptop with me and since I can't watermark my photos they won't be uploaded until I can. Until next time though friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment