YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Boston Day 3 & 4 plus update

I realize that I have been completely slacking in the updating aspect of the blog in the last week since returning home from our preliminary visit to Boston so I have a little bit to fill you in on.

Day 3 and 4 for Arley was pretty good. She did well with the MRI and the CT-scan plus the making of her mask for radiation. It's quite cool actually and they let me take a photo of it so I could share it with you all here.



In the last week Arley has had quite a few ups and downs. She started throwing up a little bit again, but not nearly as bad as she has previously. This is the week where her body starts to wear down and her numbers plummet as well. Thus leading me to today where Arley was at the hospital for 10 hours to receive a blood transfusion. This was her second for anyone keeping track.

So far she has done really well with it and once we got home about an hour ago she had a small bite to eat and has been playing quietly ever since. Tomorrow I have a lot of errands to run, laundry to do and packing to begin as we are leaving for Boston early Saturday morning. I plan on taking her into some areas I used to live in, in Massachusetts before heading to our hotel to relax and unwind because I think it would be fun to show her where I lived for the first six years of my life. Then will probably take her to my favorite Chinese restaurant and the outlets. (All not necessarily in that order of course)

Then Sunday I get to see my sister again and spend some quality time with her before we bring Arley to a surprise/special event in the evening. I absolutely can not wait for this event. Arley is going to be so surprised and have a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the look on her face either.

I'm really glad that the time to leave for Boston has finally arrived. The anticipation and planning has been stressful enough so it's great that she and I finally get to tackle it together. 

There's a lot of stuff to look forward to while there and I hope to make the most of it for her so she has fun to focus on rather than machines, masks, and medical stuff. I'm really hoping to meet some friends that I have met in a chat group while we are there too. Would be great to have some adult conversation while our kids play together.

Anywho, sorry that this is rather short, I need to get going on writing out my list of stuff I need to pack and stuff I need to get while we are there. Can't believe that the time has finally come. Here's hoping that Connecticut does well without us and Boston does amazing things for us. Until next time friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment