YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 25, 2014

Three months after diagnosis

Wow... I can't believe it has been three months since Arleys diagnosis of Rhabdomyosarcoma.

It truly seems like a lifetime ago that we heard the news. 

Where we are now in the process is receiving radiation treatments in Boston in conjunction with her chemotherapy. She successfully completed her first weeks worth of radiation today. 

She had her G-Tube (feeding tube) placed yesterday but aside from administering some pain meds we haven't needed to use it for any feedings and I hope we never have to.

So far radiation has gone okay, but I have been warned that it's going to get difficult very soon. It's been a bit stressful lately because I've had to make a lot of new decisions and it's hard because you want to make the right one the first try versus trying multiple avenues. Whatever brings Arley the less amount of pain is what I want to do so long as it's the most beneficial too. 

Despite everything my daughter is never without a smile plastered so brightly on her face. She is a super star in every sense of the word. Rather than giving her strength she is giving it to me. I assure you if her shoes I probably wouldn't be taking it in strides like she is. I'm a tough cookie, but she's tougher and blows me away everyday with how strong she is.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Everybody loves her here. They all can't go over the fact that she's not even three yet and she's very polite, uses her manners and keeps a very upbeat attitude. I get reminded of it daily which makes me feel good that at least I've done a good job in raising her thus far. 

Next week we have some very special events to attend I just hope she does well and her numbers remain high. We go in-patient on Monday and this is usually when she doesn't feel so good afterwards so if you can keep her in your thoughts so that she gets to actually have some fun in the upcoming days. She deserves it more than anything.

With all that being said we are still trucking along on this long hard road and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Don't get it twisted though, it's not me being pessimistic, it's a reality that we have been told again and again from the doctors and nurses. Just the way it is. 

I am the most positive and upbeat person, but even I understand that we need to go through the tough time to raise above to the good ones. This is no walk in the park, but together Team Arley Sage will get through it.

After being released from the hospital, eating and taking a two hour nap I took Arley for a walk along the Charles River. Here are a couple of photos for you to enjoy. Until next time friends... 

Copyright Team Arley Sage

Copyright Team Arley Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment