YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 30, 2014

Discovering New England

So I posted a while back about wanting to Discover New England with Arley and take her to different places that we haven't been to before. 

Today I took her to Springfield and Deerfield Massachusetts. We started off with Dr. Seuss National Memorial Museum (Springfield). It's super cute, but takes literally five minutes to view. I would suggest either buying museum passes to the four museums that surround the garden OR to make different arrangements either before or after to ensure that your time isn't wasted. 

I was seriously disappointed to realize it only took five minutes to do, but was thankful that I was close by to the next places on our Discover New England list that it didn't really matter.

After we got ourselves back into the car I drove off towards Deerfield and headed straight for the Magic Wings Conservatory, you know the place I tried to take Arley to on Mothers Day when she got sick as soon as we arrived? Yeah there. At least though however she didn't get sick this time. Hooray!

It was quite crowded at Magic Wings but we still had a lot of fun. Arley was in such awe and amazement at seeing the butterflies flying all around her. She thought the entire experience was so cool and I agree. I would love to do it again, on a week day, perhaps in September for her birthday when my best friend is up visiting from South Carolina. I promised Lashonda I would take her up there and I will because theres so much to do/see for the day it'll be fun.

Next we went to the Yankee Candle store for a little lunch and shopping. Now I must tell you I am not by any means a candle fan. I worked at a candle store in college (it's now out of business) and they had some really yummy scents, but you still couldn't sell me on the idea of purchasing them and lighting them in my home back then. Anyways, there's just something about visiting the place that makes you want to buy up all the scents Yankee Candle has to offer. I, being a non-candle fan decided to just get a few scents to try out. I got one for summer, fall and winter then two additional scents for the bathroom.

Once we finished up there we headed on over to Historic Deerfield to explore some of the old fashioned houses that live in the district. It was so quiet over there I loved it and the feel of what life was like once upon a time way back when. I think I may have mentioned before how much I enjoy Massachusetts and the rich history that encompasses the state that I wish I could live in the olden days right smack dab in the middle of autumn when the colors outside are the richest I have ever seen. Guarantee you that I would be the happiest person ever.

I hope to try and take Arley to Sturbridge Village before we move to Boston because they have people who work in the village that resemble that time period and play the full on character role of someone who lived in the olden days. Dressed in the way one once lived, doing jobs that they used to do to survive and just having an ordinary yet simple life free of electronics. I want Arley to learn as much as she can and soak up all the information about that time period because it means a lot to me and we don't have any living relatives who could explain what it was like to live during those times so this would be the next best thing.

I think I have gotten ahead of myself here, so I will stop now and allowing you to enjoy some of my favorite photos from yesterday. Until next time friends...







No comments:

Post a Comment