YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 2, 2014

Rough Time

It's only Monday and already I am hoping that the week would hurry itself up and be over and done with. Arley has had quite some difficulty since her last hospital stay. Hardly eating, lacks energy and hasn't really been her typical playful self.

Today at the clinic for her weekly visit we discovered that she had lost yet another pound. A pound to you may not seem like much, but when you're a cancer patient those pounds are huge. It also doesn't help that late last night she got sick a couple of times and again this morning before our visit.

I think she has grown a bit taller too although she's starting to thin out, I just worry if she keeps this up that she will need a feeding tube and that's a nightmare I'd rather not deal with.

Oh and get this, while she was receiving her chemo treatment she fell asleep in her stroller and slept for FOUR hours. Can you believe that? Four whole hours! I certainly couldn't believe it. Poor thing needed the rest though, her sleep patterns have been off for a week!

I truly wish I could make her feel better in between her treatments because I would love to be able to enjoy what little bit of summer activities we can now before moving up to Boston. I'm unsure of how much we will be able to do once she starts her chemo/radiation treatments so that's why I would like to enjoy what we can while we know we can do it. Also I am unsure of what all Boston has to offer although I know it does have a lot to offer us more than we get here.

Luckily though I have family/friends who are nearby that can probably help us out with finding activities to do. Thinking of taking a stroll along the Charles River, do a walking tour of the Freedom Trail, or even visit the Museum of Science and the Franklin Zoo. These are about the only fun adventures I can think of doing right now off the top of my head. You see, I was born in Massachusetts but haven't lived there since I was six years old and have only traveled to actual Boston a handful of times since then, usually with someone more versed in all it has to offer than I am so hey, it's a start right?

I would really love to take Arley to the cape to where my uncle's got married as well. I was 9 months pregnant with her the last time I was there and I just know she would love walking along the beach and splashing around in the water but summer is probably the worst idea for that as the traffic can be absolutely horrendous!

Moving on to another note we did get some good news today... we were approved for housing right near the hospital! While it is relatively cheap to stay, it's $30/day but when you times that by 7 days in a week and by the 6-7 weeks we will be staying that's almost $1500! Eek! On top of that I will have to probably pay additional for parking which will rack up my fee even more. For this very reason they don't recommend bringing a vehicle, but I don't see how I could possibly NOT do that. Guess I will just have to wait and see what the other alternatives are when we go for our preliminary screenings. 

Lastly for the updates, I decided to withdraw from my summer class. While it's only one and was an online course, I'm not sure of what our schedule will be like and what the internet situation will be once we move and I would rather not have the added stress of worrying about submitting my assignments on time. On the bright side I will be getting a partial refund back. They kept the fees but there's still a huge portion to get back which will be very helpful for our transition to Boston.

That's about it for right now. Tomorrow I want to clean out Arleys water table so she can go outside and play with it sometime this week because the weather is supposed to be somewhat nice and maybe even take her strawberry picking by weeks end. Ticket sales for her benefit have also been going really well so I'm pleased with how thats coming along as well. Until next time friends... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment