YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Round 3

We are finally back at home from another grueling round of chemotherapy. This visit was a lot different from the previous ones. Arley literally had zero appetite to eat or drink the entire time we were there. She refused everything no matter what it was and believe me I offered her plenty. 

It was really scary actually because she has never refused to eat before during a hospital stay. While it still can be normal to not want to eat usually eventually the kids do. This required an extra stay from us to monitor her and to make sure she consumed something before being released. 

She also spiked a fever a couple of times during our stay as well which required more monitoring but thankfully the fever would break on its own and didn't require any extra medications/antibiotics. 

Arley also seems to be getting used to her visits and certain people which makes the experience go more smoothly each time we go. She still has her moments as I am sure all patients her age do so it shouldn't be too much longer now until she's a pro at it. 

Also, I found out through the grapevine that Arley is starting to become one of the floors favorite patients which made my heart swell with pride. I am happy to hear that others think shes a good patient to have. 

We also finally got our first male nurse too! He was super attentive to Arley and it was really cute to see the way he interacted with her. She had him wrapped around her little finger like you have no idea. He actually got down to her level several times and asked her questions about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or the game she was playing on her iPad. Kudos goes out to him for a job well done taking care of my baby.

On another note I am also having difficulty finding hats that I like to protect her head. I prefer the look of Gymboree hats especially since her wardrobe mainly consists of Gymbo now, but for some reason what they have out in stores right now for hats are kinda hideous! I just want to make my daughters head look stylish while protecting it from the suns harmful rays lol.

Oh well, fingers crossed that when they roll out their next line that I can stock up on some hats. They used to have a really great summer sale at the beginning of June but there have been rumors that they are either doing away with that sale OR only certain level stores will do it. I'm really hoping nearby locations have this stock up sale because I will probably buy out their entire stock of hats. Who knew hats were so hard to come by these days!

I guess that's it for the update on Arley for now, tomorrow I start hitting the pavement again looking for more donations from some companies that I didn't get a chance to visit last week. Until next time friends xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about a head scarf wrap? I've seen that among little girls now, and it's catching on to be a summer fad. I'm not sure if Arley would like it, but it may be worth a shot. They come in different fabrics, colors, and designs. A lot of them are pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't. Do you have any more information on them?

    Some good news though, I was very successful today with finding Arley hats! I had to travel an hour away to get my phone fixed because the closest store to me is under renovations and I went into a Gymboree a few doors down from Apple and they had a ton of hats. You should see the amount of cuteness I found. I seriously have a problem haha

    ReplyDelete