YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 16, 2014

Hoping for high level counts

Today Arley has to go in for a level count check up for the chemo she received on Tuesday to make sure that her blood count levels, platelet levels and ANC didn't dip too low. They have started to dip which is normal, but with her lack of energy and sporadic eating/drinking they are thinking she may need a blood transfusion to get her through the weekend until her next chemo appointment.

If you read my last post warning about the transfusion you know how apprehensive I have been. I know its necessary, but I'm hoping upon all that is hopeful that her levels are high enough so that we can avoid all of this.

Well I have some good news to report. Thankfully the hope Gods must have heard me because her levels (while still low) were not nearly as low as putting her in jeopardy of needing a transfusion. YAY!!!!! Her levels are literally teetering right on the line of needing a fusion so just because she didn't need one THIS time doesn't mean she won't need one next. As things progress the likelihood of her levels dropping in the range to need a transfusion increase so it is evident that she will need one soon.

Wow, dodged that bullet eh?

Some other good news is that her ANC levels were high enough to where we can stop giving her her daily shot of medicine. Great for my mom who is the one to administer it and even better for Arley because she screams bloody murder before, during and after. Such a relief will be had by all on that account. She may need to have the daily shots again after she gets admitted into the hospital to receive her bigger rounds of chemo so just know that this is ONLY temporary, but still much appreciated for now because that gives her a rest of it for about 10 days.


On a much different note, Arley and I had a Mothers Day redo yesterday. We still went into Massachusetts but didn't go to where we originally planned this past Sunday because I didn't want to jinx ourselves. She did fantastic! Absolutely no vomiting occurred. She slept the whole way into Mass which I think helped tremendously and we had fun shopping. The way home she slept for about half the ride so I think that may have helped with any possible motion sickness she would've had. 

Other than that there is no other news to report. We go back to clinic on Monday (in the middle of when I'm supposed to take my final of course...) and will have a new report for you then. In the meantime I plan on relaxing with her and enjoying our weekend. May take her to the library tomorrow for something low key because it's supposed to rain, but we shall see how she feels in the morning. Until next time friends.... xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she did well for a Mother's Day redo! Lots of hugs, loves, and prayers Ashley and Arley! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee for Re-Do's!!!

    ReplyDelete