YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Chemotherapy Day 1

So we were asked to be here for 9am and my daughter has yet to receive her Chemo treatment almost 12 hours later. Geez this stuff really takes forever to get under way.

Earlier this afternoon they did a spinal tap on her so that they wouldn't have to do one later. More so as a precaution than anything else. 

They had to sedate her to do it but thankfully there were no issues once she came out of it like she has had previously. 

We are scheduled to be here for at least two days maybe longer depending on how she reacts to the treatment. We were given a schedule of her treatments too which will help so that I can hopefully go back to work soon. 

My two biggest worries right now are 1) how she will react to treatment and 2) how in the world will I study for my finals next week?! Thankfully for the most part my professors have been awesome but my Saturday class professor doesn't check his emails often so I have not a clue where I stand and missed a midterm two weeks ago. (The day my daughter had surgery)

Right now Arley is sleeping soundly. They gave her some Zofran (anti nausea medicine) to hopefully keep her from vomiting. I don't know how much longer it'll be until they give her the chemo she was supposed to have it between 7-8 and it's now almost 8:30.

While she sleeps I'm enjoying watching Criminal Minds repeats but am exhausted and wish I could sleep. I got the cot all ready but know as soon as I close my eyes I'll be woken up by them coming in to give her her dose. 

Sigh- it's going to be a long night I just know it. Also we received word today that it's a 99.9% chance that we do have to move to Boston and possibly a lot sooner than originally anticipated. I have to call them tomorrow to set up a consult for hopefully Friday. 


Well that's it for the update for now sorry there's not much else I can say but better than no update at all right? Talk soon xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment