YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mom Brag/Benefit Dinner

Doing a slightly different post today because I wanted to take one short minute to brag about myself if i may... (heck it's my blog of course I can!)

I am happy to report that I officially finished my first semester back at school and completed all of my finals despite missing a lot of classes within the last month.

For those of you who don't know, I had enrolled in school back in November for the Spring semester. My classes started at the end of January and I had been doing extremely well for myself up until this all happened with Arley. I still hope to finish strong with at least 3 A's, 1 B and an Incomplete, but official grades won't be posted for at least another week or so, so this is just a hunch and how I hope to finish, but I will report back with my grades no matter what I get.

I must admit however that I'm very proud of myself for sticking it out and committing to finishing regardless of the situation. That's one thing I hope to really instill in my daughter that even though things get tough you have to learn how to keep trucking along until the mission you started is finished. Life is always going to throw hiccups at you but learning how to manage yourself and working hard to figure out how to accomplish your goals will get you to where you need to be.

Also this week I have started to gather up donations for Arleys benefit dinner that we are having next week. Two of Arley's play date friends moms are helping us throw together this benefit and we are having a raffle as well. I went out to the community today and the support was amazing! I already have five local businesses that have donated with a few more to pick up. Most of the businesses wanted flyers in exchange for the gift certificates so I had to go home print some out and go back tomorrow with them to exchange. I am beyond excited and pleased with the community support.

Although, with the holiday being on Monday and Arley being admitted back to the hospital on Tuesday for a few days, it makes my time this week a bit limited so I hope to be up a little early tomorrow and back out into the community to get some more donations for the raffle. 

A few of my friends on Facebook near and far have also stepped up and are willing to do whatever they can to help donate as well and make this benefit super successful. I just can't express enough how much this all means to Arley and I. To know how much my daughter has touched the lives of all of whom she has come in contact with is amazing. She's only 2.5 but has quite the following of support rallied around her and together we will beat this.

For now, I am off to compile a list of other places in town and surrounding areas that I can go to. My best friend Cassy is also going to tag team with me tomorrow as well so this will be something fun for us to do together. Until next time friends.... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment