YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Home

This morning we were released from the hospital for the weekend before being readmitted to the hospital for chemo on Tuesday. It felt so nice to get outside and to breathe in the fresh air that has been missing from our life for the past 8 days.

Arley has done really well. She has enjoyed playing with some gifts that were sent to her by our family and friends. She also has a new Minnie Mouse plush buddy that she received from a mommy that I know from a chat group and has been dragging that thing everywhere ever since she laid eyes on it.


And speaking of gifts received... remember how the other day I told you that I wanted to give back to the hospital and help restock their treasure chest because everyone had been so good to Arley in making her feel special? Well, today I went out shopping and bought enough to make at least 45 kids feel loved on different units of the hospital. 


While it may not look like a lot or in the grand scheme of things compare to all that the hospital has done so far, I felt very compelled to at least do something and this was all that I could think of as far as repaying them for their kindness and hospitality.


Anyway, I'm trying to decide what Arley and I should do tomorrow. I was thinking of taking her to another daffodil field but it's supposed to rain tomorrow so that idea is out so I'm left trying to figure out what all we should do. I would love to take her to one of the childrens museums that she would love or to a place I recently discovered that has a really nice play area, but I have to be extremely cautious now with exposing her to germs and such because with the port in her now she is more prone to sickness and infection and I don't want that.

I seriously have so much to learn in such a short amount of time. What one parent wouldn't think twice at or bat an eyelash to I have to be very vigilant especially being around other children. While I absolutely adore my nephews and they love Arley they are still at the stage where noses constantly run and germs are an abundance. Same with any of our playdate friends, I have to figure out how to manage her being around other kids so that she can still have the socialization, but not the sickness. Easier said than done right? Can't stick my kid in a bubble cause then hopefully this would've never happened. (Totally kidding)

If I can't figure out anything for us to do then I may just stay home and clean up a bit. I've hardly had the chance in recent weeks and I would really like to get some spring cleaning under my belt and donate a lot of stuff that we don't need anymore.

I will also have to call around on Monday to some mechanics because I think my brakes need to be fixed now ontop of everything else. When it rains it pours right? As if I have the time to be without my car for a few hours while it gets fixed, but it's something that needs to be done. Thankfully I just got paid on Friday from work so that I can get this taken care of before it becomes too much of a burden. 

Well I think that's it for this update for now. It feels good to be back in our own home and in our own bed. Arley and I took a really nice long two hour or so nap together and now we are having fun watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before we go back to sleep again. I'll update you all more tomorrow with what we decide to do. Talk soon, goodnight friends. xoxo



3 comments:

  1. I am so glad she loves the Minnie Mouse!!! This seriously made me cry tears of joy. Love that girl!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a strong women!! You are totally right...anything you can do (the toys), no matter how little, will make someone else happy and that is all you can ask :-) I would send cards to any nurse who went above and beyond...sometimes they need to know that in all that they do they are appreciated (I mean anyone in any job needs this!). Good Luck with everything with your precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww she loves you too Donna! We have it packed in our suitcase to bring with us to treatments tomorrow. It's going to be her Chemo buddy :)

    Thank you alittleflouralotoflove! We have thank you cards ready to hand out tomorrow with a little surprise gift card inside for the ones you truly went above and beyond for my little girl. I want them to know that they meant a great deal to us too. My mom is a nurse so I couldn't NOT do something, especially with this being Nurses Appreciation Week. Thank you both for reading along with us.

    ReplyDelete