YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 2, 2014

A week later....

So today has been one week since we were admitted into the hospital and this whirlwind adventure (to say the least) started. Arley just finished the last test that they need in order to start putting the puzzle pieces together to this mystery. We have opted to participate in research to find answers as to why this happened to her, how come it grew so quick, why did it start bulging out of her neck etc. I feel that we are obligated personally to do this before if we can get these answers it will help me sleep better at night and if we can help another family going through this then it will all be worth it in the end.

And no, we weren't forced into participation either. Even though I agreed I have the option to forfeit it at any time no questions asked and no penalty received. But why wouldn't a parent want to participate? They already took her blood, her bone marrow, and the biopsy of the tumor in her neck and won't need to take anything else from her for the research so I mean sure, go on ahead and do it.
The benefits outweigh not participating so no arguments here.

Anyways... Arley is now eating dinner after having her Pet scan done. She did very very well in recovery this time around. I was very impressed with her. She was fussy but nearly as bad as the previous two times. Eventually she will get better with it I guess it just depends on the day. And perhaps the fact that she had a good nap today helped.

Also, I have decided that I want to give back to the Childrens hospital as well. Everyone has done so wonderfully with Arley and treated her so well that I want to do something. So, what I have decided is to help restock their toy chest with brand new, unused toys. I have three currently in Arleys closet that I was hanging on to for a rainy day and planning on going to ToysRUs and finding some more as well.

Will also purchase a gift card for her doctor so that he can buy some stuff that he knows is a need among the kids. I know the popular toys but maybe there's something specific that doesn't often get purchased for donation. It's the least I can do, I just feel obligated to help in some kind of way. I've always been like that though. Ever since Arley was 3 months old for her first Christmas we have donated stuff to children in need. Toys for Tots, the United Way, Police departments, whatever I hear about around the holidays I make sure to pick several and do it with her to teach her not only what the holiday is about "Giving to others," but also that there are a lot of people who are not as blessed as we have been lucky to be and they deserve to have a magical holiday just like we do.

Sorry, I'm rambling and I know it, but there's just something inside of me that says I have to show my gratitude because we are going to start becoming like a family. A medical family but still one none-the-less where we will know the names of every single staff member and develop a routine over time. Well, that's all I have for updates for now, going to get myself some dinner before our visitors show up. Will talk to you all again tomorrow. Take care xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment