YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 13, 2014

Where have we been?

I originally had a fun witty post written about five days ago that explained in full comic detail what Arley and I have been up to. Then life got the best of me and I deleted it without ever publishing it so unfortunately this will have to do.

After the blood transfusion Arley was doing really great. Her appetite came back and she started eating and drinking more. While it wasn't her usual amount prior to Cancer it was still better than nothing. On the day she was released from the hospital I was feeling very less than stellar and I got sick. Like really really sick.

I thought I had the stomach bug but turns out it was much worse than that. I can definitely relate to someone who suffers from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) because that's exactly how it felt. Like a cross between a volcano erupting inside of my belly and having a fast growing vampire baby in there if you ever read the Twilight Saga series then you know what I mean.

Anyway after suffering through that coupled with nausea, headaches and leg pain for five days I was finally feeling somewhat normal at the beginning of this week. I was able to go out into the world and get some more donations and make more ticket sales for Arley's upcoming benefit. I also convinced a company to send in an extra special donation to be raffled off to a child so I'm very excited about that.

A day or so later I surprised Arley with a trip to the strawberry patch. She loved it and had so much fun collecting as many strawberries as her little hands could. She was very proud to carry her little basket. I hope you enjoy some of the photos I took of that day.










Fast forward to now though, Friday the 13th isn't being so kind and lucky to me. While I did WIN tickets off the local radio station for a soccer game next week (Happy Fathers Day dad!), nothing slaps you back down to reality faster than a 3am wake up call because your daughter is sick and vomiting all over the bed. Sigh.... we were doing SO well too.

Other than this minor little set back today things are going really well. I'll be spending this weekend putting together the raffle baskets with my mother and finalizing everything needed for the benefit and preparing for Arleys hospital stay this week.


Very important side note to add: The reason for my demon spawn baby episode of sickness- the Hospital Food. I do not recommend eating hospital food for extended periods of time if you can help it. I won't tell you what the test results indicated just take my word for it. Until next time friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment